A Mix of pretty cottages and well-designed new houses. The village Church was built around 1840 but had no centre aisle. Due to problems with weddings and funerals one was added in the 1930s.
An entrance to Bowood Estate the stately home of The Marquis of Lansdowne lies in Derry Hill Village
Water was piped into the village in the 1930's – until then many of the villagers collected water from wells in their gardens.
Bottom of Derry Hill
The roof of the original well house had rare pan tiles until a couple of criminals dressed as workmen removed the tiles in broad daylight.
The well house was restored in 2002 by Wilts Historic Buildings, Calne Without and contributions from North Wiltshire District Council and Viriden Waste Management. The well house lies at the foot of Derry Hill.